This is NSSLGlobal's Cobham Fire Fighter recommendation for...
Discover Fire Fighter by clicking on the images below for more info, or click on our "previous" and "next" buttons to be taken through the full circuit.
We have come up with an NSSLGlobal-recommended package that addresses the SOLAS II needs more completely:
- Advantages of UHF compared to VHF When a fire breaks out on a vessel, reliable and uninterrupted communication is imperative.
- UHF pentrates wood, steel and concrete much better than VHF and is thereby the best choice for the ship's indoor communication.
- The fire fighter radio has been designed for exactly the SOLAS II requirements, and UHF was chosen simply because it has much better range and performance inside of a vessel than VHF.
- Usability - must be ready for use at all times!
- UHF frees the incident commander and fire fighters from interference from other radios on board, or in the vicinity.
- The Fire Fighter radios provide more clear communication between fire fighters and the incident commander.
- Sailor 3965 UHF radio provides 2 W RF output power, twice better than competitors' products.
- Durability (ATEX) & Functionality
- When putting our recommended package together, we chose durable (ATEX where available) and functional products. It is crucial to have hands-free and easy access to the radio, given the extreme circumstances under which these radios are to ensure communication.
2 x Sailor SP3965 UHF For both stations on a vessel.
2x SAVOX C-C440 ATEX Mushroom Push-To-Talk with Nexus audio connector for SAVOX accessories, ATEX approved together with SAILOR SP3560
2 x SAVOX HC-1 Helmet Unit Using this helmet kit has proved to be practical and easy to use.
2 x Sailor B353 ATEX Emergency Battery In case of emergency, both handhelds will have a back up. (A nice-to-have.)
- 2x SAILOR SP3965 Portable ATEX UHF, Transceiver, Belt Clip, Lanyard, Li ion rechargeable battery, Charger, AC/DC converter/adaptor, DC connection.
- 2x SAVOX C-C440 ATEX Mushroom Push-To-Talk with Nexus audio connector for SAVOX accessories, ATEX approved together with SAILOR SP3560.
- 2x Helmet Unit SAVOX HC-1, One ear loudspeaker, Bone-conductive, dirt-protected microphone, especially suitable for fire and rescue, Adapts to SAILOR and SAVOX PTT units.
- 2x SAILOR B3503 ATEX Lithium Emergency Battery (optional).
...the solution to the SOLAS Chapter II-2 requirements!