Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro
- How do I insert sim card into the Satphone
- Switching on the Phone.
- Obtaining a GPS Fix
- How do I connect to the satellite
- Making and receiving calls
- How to make a call from saved contacts
- How to access voicemail
- How is the keypad locked on the Isatphone
- Battery life on the isat phone Pro.
- What is the format to send e-mails on the ISatphone Pro
- What should be done if the handset interface freezes during an IsatPhone Pro data sessions?
- Low speed data is not working on the IsatPhone Pro?
- What coverage is available for the IsatPhone Pro?
- Is a dial-up connection required for the IsatPhone Pro data service?
- Where is the firmware version found on the IsatPhone Pro?
- Where is the IMEI number found on the IsatPhone Pro?
- My Iridium isn’t turning on?
- Can’t make calls on my iridium
- My phone will not unlock.
- Phone display says it’s blocked.
- My SIM card does not work
- The message indicator is flashing
- The battery won’t charge.
- My SIM card is inserted but the display says:
- When your phone cannot be switched ON
- When the message “Insert SIM” appears
- I have lost my security code
- Sending GPS data to the PC is not working.
- When your Thuraya XT has been dropped in water
- Thuraya isn’t registering to the network.
Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro
Remove the battery cover by using a coin to turn the screw slot until it is vertical. If the battery is in place, lift it out. Slide the catch down on the SIM holder and flip it outwards. Make sure the angled corner of your SIM card is on your left and slide it into the holder. Flip the holder back into place and slide the catch back up. Insert the battery, replace the cover and turn the screw slot until it is horizontal. Inserting and removing the battery. Your phone is supplied with a rechargeable battery, which may not be fully charged when you take it out of the box.
Please note: Always switch the device off and disconnect the charger before removing the battery.
To switch on, hold down the red key for a few seconds until the screen lights up. The Inmarsat logo will appear followed by the main screen. To switch off, press and hold the red key for a few seconds.
Before you can make a call, your phone needs a GPS fix so it can be located by the satellite. This happens automatically but if a new GPS fix is needed, the GPS fix icon will be displayed. Keep the phone in the open with a clear view of the sky until the icon disappears.
Stand outside with a clear view of the sky with the phone antenna pointing upwards. There must be a clear line of sight between the phone’s antenna and the satellite. The more sky you can see the stronger the signal should be from the satellite. If open sky makes up about 70% of your view when you look up, then the signal should be strong.
Check your phone is connected to the satellite network - Inmarsat is displayed at the top left of the screen. Ensure you have at least two bars of signal strength. Ensure there is sufficient battery power. Ensure that your phone has a GPS fix – the GPS fix required icon is not displayed. Dial the full international number and press the green key, e.g. +44 1621 123456. To end a call, press the red key. Switch off your phone by holding down the red key until the screen shuts down. Making a call Enter the full international number by dialling either + (hold down the 0 key for 3 seconds) or 00, country code, area code (without the leading 0), telephone number and press the green key , e.g. 00 44 1621 123456 or + 44 1621 123456 . A Calling message and the name of the person being called (if listed in your Phonebook or SIM contacts) will display on the screen. When the call is answered, the screen will show the call time in minutes and seconds. To end the call press the red key
Making a call from saved contacts. Select Menu > Contacts > Phonebook. Scroll to the desired name using the navigation keys, or enter the first letter of the name in the search field. The matching contacts will be listed. Highlight the name and press the green key.
To retrieve and listen to voicemails, press and hold down the 1 key, or dial 57. This will then automatically dial your voicemail inbox. Alternatively you can dial the voicemail box directly on +870 772 001 899 and press the green key to dial.
You can lock the keypad by pressing the mains key in the centre of the phone followed by the * key. Only the green and red buttons will be active now.
Isat Phone Pro battery life is 8 hours talk time and up to 100 hours standby time. If a user experiences a reduced battery life then the firmware version should be checked to ensure that the latest version is installed.
The format to send an email to the IsatPhone Pro is: email@example.com. This is covered in the User Guide supplied with the handset.
Ensure that the latest firmware is installed on the handset.
Check is to ensure that the low speed data service is provisioned on the SIM card.
The IsatPhone Pro operates around the world. Global coverage maps are available from the Inmarsat.com website.
Yes, if using X-Gate, but no if using Amos Connect.
The firmware version is displayed under Menu > Settings > about.
The IMEI number is displayed under Menu > Settings > about.
Did you press and hold the power button for a minimum of three seconds to turn the Phone’s power on? Check the battery has been charged and fitted properly and the contacts are dry and clean.
- Check the phone has registered to the iridium network.
- Make sure the antenna and has been fully extended.
- Do you have a clear unobstructed view of the sky?
- Did you enter the number in international format? All calls made from the Iridium satellite system must be in international format.
- Check the signal strength indicator. If the signal is weak, ensure that you have a clear line of sight to the sky and there are no buildings, trees, or other objects interfering.
Have you inserted a new SIM card? Enter the new PIN code the default PIN is 1111.
- Enter the default phone unlock code: 1234
- Have you forgotten the unlock code?
Enter the PIN unblocking code or contact your service provider. See “Using the Security Menu” on page 153 for more information
- Is the card visibly damaged or scratched? Return the card to your service provider.
- Check the SIM and card contacts. If they are dirty, clean them with an antistatic cloth.
There is not enough memory available to store another message. Use the messages menu to delete one or more messages.
- Check the charger. Is it properly connected?
- Check the battery contacts. Are they clean and dry?
- Check the battery temperature. If it is warm, let it cool before charging.
- Is it an old battery? Battery performance declines after several years of use. Replace the battery.
- Make sure you have an Iridium approved battery installed.
“Check Card or Insert Card or Blocked”
“Check Card or Insert Card”
Check that the SIM card has been inserted correctly. The contacts of the SIM card may be dirty. Turn the phone off, remove the SIM card and rub the contacts with a clean cloth. Replace the card in the phone.
Enter the PIN unblocking key or contact the Technical Support Helpdesk.
- Check whether the battery is properly attached.
- Check whether the battery is charged.
- If power cannot be switched ON even with a connected charger, contact the Technical Support Desk.
- Insert SIM card.
- Try to remove and reattach the SIM card.
- Is the SIM card still activated? The SIM card can be deactivated when the wrong PUK code is entered.
- Check whether the connectors of the SIM card are clean and free of any foreign matter.
The factory setting of the Security code is 0000. If you lost your individual Security code, please contact the Customer Service Centre. Your warranty card will be needed.
- Is the data cable properly connected?
- Check which data Port settings are selected?
- Check if the data baud setting is compatible with your PC or laptop.
Separate battery and after drying take it to Customer Service Centre or telephone the Technical Support Desk.
If the SAT icon on your display is blinking you may not be able to receive or make SAT calls. In this case you can update the SAT registration manually in this menu.
Menu > Network > SAT registration