CRUISE-IP - Premium VSAT Superyacht service
Since 1969 NSSLGlobal has always been at the forefront of delivering cutting edge communications technology to the maritime market. Today, NSSLGlobal’s dedicated VSAT superyacht service, Cruise-IP, continues to deliver unprecedented levels of connectivity to the superyacht market.
Reliable fast internet access is now critical to ensure the efficient operation of a superyacht and to meet guest and crew expectations. Our Cruise-IP DVBS2-RCS2 network ensures that sufficient bandwidth is efficiently delivered to meet the demand of today’s bandwidth hungry applications
NSSLGlobal owns and fully operates its Cruise-IP satellite network, allowing end-to-end control from the on-board complete VSAT system to the internet breakout at our hubs
With five (5) hubs located strategically around the globe to maximise both coverage and availability, we can offer our yachts some of the best "always on" coverage in the industry.
NSSLGlobal provides multiple beams in the Caribbean/US and in the Mediterranean with large satellite azimuth separation to eliminate mast blockage issues provide satellite and hub redundancy, and significant overlapping beam areas. The coverage offered on both Ku-Band and C-Band is detailed on the right, this may be subject to change but the global footprint will remain in place.
NSSLGlobal’s VSAT satellite network utilises the latest DVBS2-RCS2 technology to maximise the performance and coverage by using the Ku-Band frequency spectrum more efficiently. This is carried out by:
- Dynamic bandwidth provisioning(Bandwidth-on-Demand).
- Built-in Performance Enhancing Proxy (PEP) provides TCP Acceleration within the network and a client in the modem, improving the throughput of TCP connections in a high latency environment and enhances the userexperience.
- Premium VoIP with Quality of Service (QoS) Voice in addition to the bandwidth included in the datapackages.
- Quality of Service (QoS) for video conferencing and other critical data application allowing us to prioritise in the network the services that are important to specificships.
- High levels of resilience and full hub redundancy at all of our Teleports ensuring the highest availability.
NSSLGlobal provides two options for Cruise-IP coverage, Regional & Global. The Regional packages are designed for the traditional Med/Caribbean/USA cruising areas shown below in red. We have multiple beams with large azimuth separation in the Med and Caribbean to eliminate mast blockage issues. The beams and orbital positions that we currently utilise for the Regional Package are as follows:
For the owners who are feeling a little more adventurous we have excellent coverage on our Global package (shown in Blue and Red) providing some of the best coverage in the industry.
ALL-IN-ONE cellular / VSAT solution in 60cm dome
Save time, space and resources with the latest flexible Unified Comms package from NSSLGlobal
FusionIP integrates the best of two communication worlds for European sea areas: LTE and satellite broadband, allowing leisure and commercial vessels to automatically switch between 4G/3G and satellite networks to achieve unified communications, optimum data speeds and cost efficiencies. FusionIP provides the perfect high speed, fixed cost hybrid solution.
At the heart of a Cruise-IP installation is our SMART@SEA, an advanced platform to support simple and intuitive web based control to a range of features to enhance the users experience by maximising the efficiency of the available bandwidth, providing enhanced security and allowing rollout and use of a comprehensive suite of valued added services. Key features are;
- A virtualised digital platform which provides the seamless integration of on-board services
- Management of communications networks
- World class security suite of services
- A powerful management and control portal
- Virtual computer hosting
- Fully managed IT service (on-board and virtually)
- Access to on-board entertainment and other crew welfare provision
- 24/7 global technical support with some of the best engineers in the industry
- Single appliance smart technology
Committed to our Customers
Guaranteed CIR – Committed Information Rate.
While each airtime package has a burst rate which is contended (shared) across the users in a subject beam, NSSLGlobal also provides customers with a Guaranteed CIR value, based on the following conditions:
- A Fair Use Policy applies to all of our packages (full details available)
- NSSLGlobal manages within our network, on behalf of vessels, Peer-to-Peer and other bandwidth hungry cloud applications that utilise bandwidth, often without the knowledge of ships’ staff or crew.
- South East Pacific, South Africa and C-Band beams of smaller overall bandwidth than other beams, offer a maximum burst speed for any Premium VSAT user of 2Mbps.
- Customer Public Static IP addresses are available at a cost.
INSIGHT - VSAT Service Monitoring
The NSSLGlobal INSIGHT Portal has been developed by NSSLGlobal to provide a unified interface to manage and support every aspect of a customer’s billing, provisioning, operational and business critical data needs.
It offers unprecedented levels of control, flexibility and functionality - through any web browser, anywhere in the world, any time of day.
Its new VSAT Service module provides a Click Map View function that presents following information to the customers;
- See the entire fleet on a map
- See the vessel route based on a defined time period
- Locate a vessel on the map or bring up the details
- Flexible widgets showing a concise view of service
- Site details
- Data speeds
- Application usage
- Data volumes
- Route map
- Add and remove widgets as required, see the view you want.
- Will remember your view of the window
Premium VoIP Service
NSSLGlobal provides a premium VoIP Service, providing excellent voice quality at a reasonable cost throughout the world. Unlike some cheaper VoIP services NSSLGlobal provides 32kbps of dedicated QoS (Quality of Service) per VoIP line in addition to the bandwidth provided by the data package. This ensures that each phone line receives good quality VoIP even if the crew are heavily utilising data at that time.
The VoIP lines are presented as Analogue FXO/FXS ports for direct connection to an analogue handset or connection to your onboard PBX.
Inmarsat Accounting Authority
NSSLGlobal is one the largest Maritime Account Authorities in the world and a leading provider of Inmarsat C, Inmarsat B and Inmarsat Fleet services. Most superyachts are required to have at least one active Inmarsat C to comply with GMDSS.
NSSLGlobal can act as an Inmarsat Point of Service Activation (PSA) for Inmarsat C and existing and evolved services including Fleet Xpress. We also can provide LRIT, SSAS & other Tracking services via our partner Pole Star. This enables NSSLGlobal to be a single provider of all your satellite communication requirements.
In addition, NSSLGlobal can also provide Iridium GMDSS Hardware & Airtime.
NSSLGlobal supplies Inmarsat, Iridium & Thuraya handsets and airtime and can also provide covert anti-piracy satcom solutions for vessels cruising in high-risk areas.
- NSSLGlobal staff are all security cleared.
- Our NOCs have strict site access security, and personnel access control is provided at all our Hubs.
- NSSLGlobal operates a Managed ISP ProtectPoint™ Intrusion Detection System (IDS) at our Hubs.
All of our products have security built into the solution to provide customers with peace of mind and robust cybersecurity at sea.
Unified Threat Management (UTM) - even greater control: An optional Unified Threat Management can be provided which provides a Layer 7 set of network security products designed to give even greater control and management of devices being connected to the vessel networks. Key aspects are enhanced firewall, gateway antivirus, intrusion detection and prevention capabilities and deep packet inspection for applications.
Service & Support
NSSLGlobal is ISO9001:2008 certified and has two 24/7/365 customer service centres and technical support / Network Operation Centre (NOC) for full redundancy. More information .
Network Operation Centres (NOCs)
The network is managed by three Network Operations Centres (NOC) providing 24/7 support redundancy. This level of investment into our network allows us to guarantee a minimum 99.5% availability.
NSSLGlobal’s teleports: are located in Brewster (US), Vernon (US), Makarios (Cyprus), Perth (Australia), and Rugby(UK).
NSSLGlobal’s NOCs: are located in Redhill, Surrey (UK), Cornwall (UK), New Orleans(US)