Main Purpose of Job
To assist with the functional testing of equipment in the workshop
To assist with the mechanical assembly and mounting of hardware, including drilling,
tapping and cutting.
Manual handling of goods received or despatched, including Picking, Checking and
- Use of hand tools for mechanical and electrical tasks
- To assist with the mechanical assembly and mounting of hardware, including
drilling, tapping and cutting.
- Preparation of cables & connectors for terminating
- To assist with the assembly and wiring of 19” panel systems
- To assist with the functional testing of equipment in the workshop
- To maintain a safe and clean workshop environment, ensuring all QHS&E
procedures are followed
- To ensure that workshop records are kept accurately, e.g., Workshop field
service call activity, copies of test specifications, job files etc.
- To assist the Stores Supervisor and other stores staff with maintaining
standards of efficient stock handling and accurate and relevant stock records.
- To assist with the maintenance of an efficient Goods Inwards/Outwards
procedure, processing goods inwards documentation, advice notes, etc and
filing and helping to ensure that all goods are received and despatched
accurately and on time.
- To assist with maintaining accuracy of serial number tracked items and update
the warranty database (Excel) and other databases as required.
- To participate in stock takes and specific stock checks (cycle counting) under
the direction of the Stores staff.
- To be proactive daily in the maintenance of a rubbish free building internal and
external and to maintain good housekeeping.
- To be aware of the controls required for the transport of Hazardous Goods and
to comply with procedures in place regarding this.
- To be aware of the Known Consignor Status of the company and maintain
standards and procedures in this regard.
- To provide Facilities support within the building in terms of assistance with
work area changes, help with movement of equipment or materials, minor
maintenance tasks etc
- To follow documented procedures and Quality Control.
- To handle goods and safe storage and despatch up to a value of
- Proactive approach required for day to day tasks and ability to work on own
- Supervision provided by Stores Supervisor (or Stores person in his absence)
- No supervision of others required
Assignment and Review of Work
- Work priorities to be assigned by Stores Supervisor.
- Issues to be escalated to Logistics Department and/or Supervisor as
Checking accuracy of information provided for stock records on documents
received in stores.
Ensuring Goods are fit for placing on shelf via Returns To Stock System.
Needs to be able to prioritise work load and balance day to day requirements of
any facilities support.
- Eye for detail essential (e.g. checking serial numbers)
- Awareness of safe working practices within stores environment
All stores equipment i.e. Scales, Pallet Truck, various hand tools.
PC’s and relevant databases and Microsoft Programmes.
Forklift – awareness of safe practice.
Good level of secondary education, literate and numerate. Must have the ability to
communicate at all levels within the company and with External agents.
Physically capable to cope with loads which have to be moved/carried.
Computer literate and accurate inputting skills.
Ability to learn, absorb and remember new computerised tasks quickly
Must be flexible and trustworthy in handling company equipment.
Training will be provided:
Various courses related to workshop activity
Most Difficult Part of Job
Short time-scales to complete the work.
Can be physically demanding in times of busy workload
Balancing demands of different groups within the company.
Ensuring accuracy for wide variety of different computerised processes.