VSAT IP@SEA -"ALWAYS ON" CONNECTIVITY
VSAT IP@SEA is our maritime broadband VSAT (DVBS2-RCS2) service for commercial vessels, which offers the most extensive Ku-Band and C-Band coverage in the industry. NSSLGlobal can provide 'always-on' connectivity through our VSAT IP@SEA service, which comprises of five teleports supporting 25 beams.
NSSLGlobal owns and fully operates its VSAT IP@SEA satellite network, allowing end-to-end control from the on-board complete VSAT system to the internet breakout at our hubs. With five (5) hubs located strategically around the globe to maximise both coverage and availability, we can offer our ships some of the best coverage in the industry.
NSSLGlobal provides multiple beams with large satellite azimuth separation to eliminate mast blockage issues and significant overlapping beam areas. The coverage offered on both Ku-Band and C-Band is detailed on the right, this may be subject to change but the global footprint will remain in place.
NSSLGlobal’s VSAT satellite network utilises the latest DVBS2-RCS2 technology to maximise the performance and coverage by using the Ku-Band frequency spectrum more efficiently. This is carried out by:
- Dynamic bandwidth provisioning(Bandwidth-on-Demand).
- Built-in Performance Enhancing Proxy (PEP) provides TCP Acceleration within the network and a client in the modem, improving the throughput of TCP connections in a high latency environment and enhances the users experience.
- Premium VoIP with Quality of Service (QoS) Voice in addition to the bandwidth included in the data packages.
- Quality of Service (QoS) for video conferencing and other critical data application allowing us to prioritise in the network the services that are important to specific ships.
- High levels of resilience and full hub redundancy at all of our Teleports ensuring the highest availability.
Committed to our Customers
Network Operation Centres (NOCs)
The network is managed by three Network Operations Centres (NOC) providing 24/7 support redundancy. This level of investment into our network allows us to guarantee a minimum 99.5% availability.
NSSLGlobal's teleport: are located in Brewster (US), Vernon (US), Makarios (Cyprus), Perth (Australia), and Rugby(UK).
NSSLGlobal's NOCs: are located in Redhill, Surrey (UK), Cornwall (UK), New Orleans(US)
Guaranteed CIR – Committed Information Rate.
While each airtime package has a burst rate which is contended (shared) across the users in a subject beam, NSSLGlobal also provides customers with a Guaranteed CIR value, based on the following conditions:
- A Fair Use Policy applies to all of our packages (full details available)
- NSSLGlobal manages within our network, on behalf of vessels, Peer-to-Peer and other bandwidth hungry cloud applications that utilise bandwidth, often without the knowledge of ships’ staff or crew.
- South East Pacific, South Africa and C-Band beams of smaller overall bandwidth than other beams, offer a maximum burst speed for any Premium VSAT user of 2Mbps.
- Customer Public Static IP addresses are available at a cost.
With the knowledge of a one monthly fee, VSAT IP@SEA delivers peace of mind compared to ‘pay-as-you-go’ models. And with speeds of up to 40 Mbps we can guarantee your vessel continues to operate whilst adhering to the MLC-2006 regulations.
INSIGHT - VSAT Service Monitoring
The NSSLGlobal INSIGHT Portal has been developed by NSSLGlobal to provide a unified interface to manage and support every aspect of a customer’s billing, provisioning, operational and business critical data needs.
It offers unprecedented levels of control, flexibility and functionality - through any web browser, anywhere in the world, any time of day.
Its new VSAT Service module provides a Click Map View function that presents following information to the customers;
- See the entire fleet on a map
- See the vessel route based on a defined time period
- Locate a vessel on the map or bring up the details
- Flexible widgets showing a concise view of service
- Site details
- Data speeds
- Application usage
- Data volumes
- Route map
- Add and remove widgets as required, see the view you want.
- Will remember your view of the window
- NSSLGlobal staff are all security cleared.
- Our NOCs have strict site access security, and personnel access control is provided at all our Hubs.
- NSSLGlobal operates a Managed ISP ProtectPoint™ Intrusion Detection System (IDS) at our Hubs.
Premium VoIP Service
NSSLGlobal provides a premium VoIP Service, providing excellent voice quality at a reasonable cost throughout the world. Unlike some cheaper VoIP services NSSLGlobal provides 32kbps of dedicated QoS (Quality of Service) per VoIP line in addition to the bandwidth provided by the data package. This ensures that each phone line receives good quality VoIP even if the crew are heavily utilising data at that time.